Home security tips for renting
Did you know that there are over 200,000 burglaries recorded every year across Australia? 40,000 of the burgled homes are broken into more than once. That means that 20% of the 200,000 homes have the potential to be broken into again. With these statistics alone it is astonishing just how many houses still do not have home security alarms or devices.
What types of home security can I have in a rental property?
There are loads of different non-permanent security options out there from battery operated cameras all the way through to motion sensor lighting.
Do I even need to worry about security if I'm renting?
It's a little-known fact that renters are 85 percent more likely to experience a home burglary than a homeowner is. A survey was conducted with various convicted burglars on what would most likely deter them from breaking into a home. The results are as follows:
- 49% Stated that a security alarm would have stopped them.
- 22% Said functioning sensor lights would have deterred them.
- 19% Claimed that having lights on in the house would have put them off.
- 10% Expressed that if your home was highly visible from the street it would have made them too nervous to commit the crime.
It isn't just burglars we try to keep out of our homes there are also unwanted guests or people who just aren't welcome for whatever the reason may be. This is when a wireless intercom system could be advantageous. Some wireless intercom systems give you the ability to be able to see who is at your front door without even having to open it.
There is also wireless alarm systems available which do not require wires to be routed through your roof and walls in order to work. This type of system is fantastic as you can add extra cameras to the system easily. This will keep the 49% of burglars deterred.
Taking your security up to the next level is by adding CCTV to your home. With all of the advancements in technology, security cameras are more attainable than ever. The many different types of security cameras make it even easier to find a solution to your specific requirements.
Not only are alarms and intercoms there is also Wireless Cameras too. Similar to the wireless alarm systems these cameras don't require extensive wiring in order to function. These make a great deterrent to any potential malicious people planning on coming onto your property.
More security tips and advice
- The importance of investing in quality security products
- The Ultimate Anti Burglary Guide
- Which security lighting is best for your home?
- Plant Protection: How the humble plant can aid in keeping your home safe
- Simple ways to boost your home security system
Alltronic Security and Electrical Reviews