Which is the best alarm system for my home?
This like asking which shoes are best? So many factors go into finding the perfect shoe to fit comfortably and give support to your feet. The same applies to home alarm systems, there are many variables to providing the ideal security for your particular property.
Our advice to anyone looking for the right fit is to speak to the security experts. If you've done a bit of your own research you've probably realised there is a colossal selection of security equipment on the market, it's seriously mind-boggling if you don't know what you're looking for.
Many points should be considered when discussing your home's alarm system with your security company.
Utilising your budget to customise the best security for your home takes some knowledge and industry experience. Some points to discuss with your security company -
- Where you live - what is break-in risk level in your area?
- What you hope to achieve with the system - alarm response requirements, protect your family while they're at home, or safeguard possessions when you're out, etc
- House design - How many windows, doors, and rooms need sensors? Do some rooms require more security than others?
Creating a list of priorities will help your security company design a system within your budget which caters for all requirements.
Back to base monitoring offers the assurance of knowing someone is keeping an eye on your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of what you're doing or where you are. Self-monitoring, which involves receiving updates and notifications to a smartphone, tablet or computer allows you to monitor alarm activations, camera feed or recordings, etc yourself.
Home automation integration
Would you like the security system to be able to integrate with other features such as home automation? A combined security and home automation system allow owners to control everything from the lighting, air conditioning, door and gate locks, as well as small appliances like a TV or lamp from one place.
Relevant for the future
Creating a security system which will grow with your family and your needs is incredibly important. Investing in a security installation only to find it can't be used once you get a pet or needs upgrading due to outdated technology after a short time can be remarkably frustrating and often costly.
Each home will have different needs and requirements for its alarm system. Ultimately, getting professional advice and installation from a reputable security company will ensure your home is protected now and in the future.
More home security tips and advice
- The importance of investing in quality security products
- The Ultimate Anti Burglary Guide
- Which security lighting is best for your home?
- Plant Protection: How the humble plant can aid in keeping your home safe
- Simple ways to boost your home security system
Alltronic Security and Electrical Reviews